Wednesday, June 11, 2014

It has been a while since my last blog entry.  I feel I should make one now, since I'm really focusing lately.  I've been fortunate to win a second place ribbon from Leominster Art Association at the annual show in the Oil Advanced category for this painting...

Surge 1  14" x 18" Oil on prepared Ray Mar Canvas Panel
I'm also thrilled to finally have a piece accepted to the 35th Annual International Maritime Art Exhibition at the Maritime Art Gallery, Mystic Seaport, CT.  I'd show the piece here, but i'm paranoid about showing a piece prior to the show, so you'll have to make the trip down in the fall if you want to see it.  :)

Jen and I have been working on the camp in Maine, and we're making good progress.  I've been able to stay a couple days and really do some good plein air sketches.  Below is a final copy of a sketch I did of the water one gloomy, breezy day.

Raymond Pond Wave Study- 9" x 12" Oil on Ray Mar Panel
What else... I've got a couple new seascapes completed and I submitted one to Fitchburg Art Museum's regional show along with this painting...

Woodland Interior- 14" x 18" Oil on Ray Mar Panel

Edit>> I just found out that this piece got into the Fitchburg Art Museum's Regional Show.

Finally, I'm going to be applying for membership to Copley Society [Co/So].  If accepted, I believe it will open a whole new world of information and marketing capabilities.  Wish me luck!  I think I'm going to submit this piece as one of the initial pieces...

Nantucket Morning Surf- 14" x 18" Oil on Ray Mar Panel
It demonstrates a real growth point for me, along with the water study above.  You can't tell from a photo, but they both have a quality of light about them that I've been struggling to achieve for some time in my water.  I think I've discovered the source of that vibration.  It's a combination of paint application technique, thickness, color selection and color relationships as well as temperature relationship.  I'll be working more on this from now on.




No comments:

Post a Comment