Monday, March 14, 2011

Thinking about friends- Victor Dupuis

[Left: DUCK POND, by Victor Dupuis]
When I started painting again, I needed someone to help me build the confidence to get back on the artist's path. I had been introduced to my friend and plein air buddy Victor Dupuis, when I volunteered as Stage Director at a local playhouse- The Stratton. He was acting in the show Into The Woods, and had brought in three paintings, scenes from the show, to use as set pieces which were later raffled to help raise money for the theater. After seeing the work he did on those three paintings, I knew I wanted to approach him about becoming my teacher. Since then, we've worked as teacher and student, and side-by-side in the field. I would say, he definately got me excited about art again, and working in oils specifically. If you get a chance, check out his artwork here... Victor Dupuis Artist

Here's what a friend, Sally Cragin of the Boston Globe, writes about Victor...

Victor's long experience as an actor/designer complement his sensibilities as a painter. His work shows a love of Impressionist and Pre-Raphaelite painting. He's drawn to creating unusual sources of light in his work, like backlighting in a stage production.

No comments:

Post a Comment