Wednesday, February 23, 2011

First Post


Hi, I'm finally getting around to putting something up here. This blog is going to be about art, specifically, my art, but I hope to include inspiration from around the world as I go along. I'm going to start with some wet-canvas stuff today. Here are some new paintings, I hope you like them.
Here, first, is a summer seascape out of my imagination. I used a photo of the wave structure I took in Maine as my reference, but everything else is designed for a good picture, not necessarily from reference. This is an oil on gessoed hardboard panel. It is 8 x 10 and it is mounted in a crackled gold-leaf frame. If you'd like to purchase this painting, please email me and I'll load it up to my website for purchase through paypal. It is $250.00 with the frame.